Tuesday, September 23, 2008
sunflower fields forever
Sunday I drove pass acres upon acres of sunflowers being farmed along US Rt 15, sunflowers blanketed farm land on both sides of the road about a mile north of the Rt 30 interchange just north of Gettysburg, PA.
I ran out of adjectives so I rounded everyone up for an outing Monday evening.
Yes, stopping on the shoulder of a 65 mph road to go wandering around some farmer’s fields is not the smartest idea, but then again I have done dumber things.
Patti was not impressed and chose to stay in the van. Pushing a wheelchair through a sunflower farm would not only have been an ultimate challenge but left some fascinating tracks for the farm workers to figure out.
All in all it was kind of a yellow version of the poppy fields from Wizard of Oz.
Personally I never even knew there was such a thing as sunflower farming. Just proves that some outings can be educational for all.
Caregivingly Yours, J Patrick Leer
- ► 2013 (65)
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2011 (106)
- ► 2010 (114)
- ► 2009 (93)
- sunflower fields forever
- caregiving: GOOD economic news from Medicare
- caregiving: www.medicare.gov/caregivers/
- caregiving: wild, wonderful and down yonder
- ASK MEDICARE - CMS Caregiver Initiative
- imagine going forward without knowing where you ha...
- sometimes memory loss is not acceptable …
- caregiving: a clock of fruit and vegetables
- ▼ September (8)
- ► 2007 (131)
- ► 2006 (153)
- ► 2005 (152)