Wednesday, November 10, 2010
caregivers of veterans
Caregivingly Yours salutes ‘caregivers of veterans’.
I thought I had seen everything until I read a report released today from the National Caregiver Alliance that caregiving grows more complicated and demanding when the people cared for are combat-era veterans with service-connected disabilities and illnesses.
Everything about this is wrong. The report should have a ‘shock and shame’ affect on we the people. Politicians get too much mileage out of legislation that is swallowed by bureaucracy. We NEED to make this right!
“They lost legs and I walk.
They lost minds and I think.
Sometimes, they lost lives and I live.
I am grateful to them. Grateful!”
How paradoxical that on this same day, ground was broken in
for a disabled veterans memorial? The American Veterans Disabled for Life Memorial Washington DC
Caregivingly Yours, Patrick Leer
- ► 2013 (65)
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2011 (106)
- Pilgrims, Wampanoag, and hand turkeys
- Sweets for Your Sweet Caregiver Appreciation Month...
- Financial Help for Caregivers
- wheelchair accessible Gettysburg
- wheelchair shawty
- celebrating national caregivers month
- caregivers of veterans
- new healthcare: don’t ask don’t tell
- who says you can't change time
- accessible voting - it's not for everyone!
- ▼ November (10)
- ► 2009 (93)
- ► 2008 (127)
- ► 2007 (131)
- ► 2006 (153)
- ► 2005 (152)