Sunday, November 14, 2010
Entertainment has been argued from Aristotle through Nietzsche and likely always will be.
Southern rappers, D'Money N Smoove are bumpin’ the boundaries with their latest song / dance / video “Wheelchair Shawty”
Reactions will likely range from “disrespect” through “imitation is the sincerest form of flattery”. I suspect the intention is nothing more than dancing and making money.
Watching it as someone who has pushed a wheelchair for decades and would never allow anyone to ‘diss’ Patti for using a wheelchair because of her Multiple Sclerosis, I confess I was slack jawed at first but … (and go ahead and beat me, whip me, and make me write bad checks) by the end I was up and doing my best old white guy impression of the wheelchair shawty. And that is an image you do not want to see. J
“wheel wheel wheel let it go
wheel wheel wheel let it go
Caregivingly Yours, Patrick Leer
- ► 2013 (65)
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2011 (106)
- Pilgrims, Wampanoag, and hand turkeys
- Sweets for Your Sweet Caregiver Appreciation Month...
- Financial Help for Caregivers
- wheelchair accessible Gettysburg
- wheelchair shawty
- celebrating national caregivers month
- caregivers of veterans
- new healthcare: don’t ask don’t tell
- who says you can't change time
- accessible voting - it's not for everyone!
- ▼ November (10)
- ► 2009 (93)
- ► 2008 (127)
- ► 2007 (131)
- ► 2006 (153)
- ► 2005 (152)