Tuesday, December 21, 2010

buggy bag wheelchair lap blanket

It all started with a blog entry - winter caregiving tips: wheelchair outings, then a comment:
This has been an issue that I have been working towards helping with for the past 3 years. My newest product, I think, and many agree, fits this bill.
I want Patti to have one. I'll email you right now.
Leslie
A present arrived yesterday and well take 90 seconds and stop in and visit …
Photographed outside moments later the reflective strip steals the show.
This buggy bag® wheelchair lap blanket revolutionizes enjoying winter.

As a caregiver / carer, putting on and taking off winter outerwear for a person in a wheelchair is time consuming and never really weather proof from all cold wet precipitation.  

The buggy bag wheelchair lap blanket takes about a minute and a half to put on and half of that to unzip and be out of.

With a water-proof and wind-proof outside and microfleece lining Patti is warm and cozy and while all bundled up the buggy bag is in no way binding.

You just gotta love people like Leslie Cairns who dream of making a ‘season of the year’ accessible and enjoyable for everyone.

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick Leer 

5 comments:

  1. Brillant idea!! Kudos to Leslie for her innovation and then thinking about you to send Patti one; it does look so very easy to assemble too! And toasty warm!!

    Merry Christmas!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Patrick and Patti,
    Words are hard to find and even harder to type, through my tears of joy! I'm just so tickled that you went to all this effort to send thanks. It makes this gift so much more meaningful when I can share in seeing you and Patti enjoy it!
    Thank you both for this wonderful gift you have given.
    Merry Christmas and many warm winter outings,
    Leslie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great site. You have solved a problem that afflicts many and makes it much easier for care givers. Your product will make cooler weather more enjoyable for all that are chair bound. Best of luck. Hal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate your post and you explain each and every point very well.Thanks for sharing this information.And I’ll love to read your next post too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    Tricycle Handicapped
    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive