With Patti’s Multiple Sclerosis progression holding and eating some of her favorite foods has become too challenging. As her spouse caregiver, I am always on the look out for solutions and options that can enable her.
Stopping at a road side fruit stand I discovered Donut Peaches (aka Saturn Peaches, aka Angel Peaches, aka Chinese Pan Tao Peaches).
Patti loves peaches. However MS progression was making holding and eating a peach next to impossible. That is until we tried “accessible” donut peaches! They were a hit, easy to hold and easy to eat!
Don’t just take our word for it. Mother Earth News offers the top reasons to eat a Donut Peach:
- They taste better than other peaches. They're sweeter, with almond overtones.
- They are lower in acid than other peaches.
- The pit doesn't cling to the flesh, so it's easy to pop out with your thumb.
- The fruit's thin, red skin has little or no fuzz.
- Their small size lends itself to being eaten out of hand.
Thank God when nature lends you a hand.
Caregivingly Yours, Patrick Leer
web site: http://caregivinglyyours.com/
musings: Patrick Ponders ...