Wednesday, September 28, 2011

MS caregiver survey


Received an interesting email:
“Dear Patrick,

We, the Southeastern Institute of Research (SIR), are conducting an important research study on behalf of the National Alliance for Caregiving and the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.  The study includes a survey that investigates issues related to caring for someone with MS and the needs of family and friend caregivers. Would you be willing to post a link to this important survey on caregivinglyyours.com? …”


For those who know me well, know I live and learn by questions. Noting a name and phone number at the bottom I called Heather Marron, Project Manager for SIR. She is indeed a real person and patiently fielded my questions.

More importantly I took the survey. It takes around 15-20 minutes though you can always save and return. It passed all scrutiny by my AVG anti-virus and anti-spyware defenses; ever the ‘doubting Thomas’ I also ran Spybot upon completion of the survey and it too found no prying eyes left behind. No name or contact information is requested, as anonymous and confidential as anything can be in this age.

Most importantly it really is an extraordinary survey. I’ve never seen anything like it and long overdue when it comes to trying to study us extremely diverse and unique MS caregivers.
“Responses will be combined with those of other caregivers and will be shared with the National Alliance of Caregiving and the MS Society so that they can learn how to better meet the needs of those caring for people with MS.”
Please note you must complete the survey by Friday, October 21st and “for the purposes of this research study, caregivers are defined as family or friends, not professionally-paid caregivers.”

Of course if you have questions (and believe me I understand) Heather said it was fine to pass along her contact information: Heather Marron, Project Manager at SIR at hmarron@sirresearch.com or 800-358-8981 (ext 28) … or Anna MacIntosh, SVP of Research Operations at SIR at anna@sirresearch.com or (800) 807-8981 (ext. 18).

Take it and spread the word!
Caregivingly Yours, Patrick Leer 
videos: www.youtube.com/daddyleer
web site: caregivinglyyours.com  

3 comments:

  1. You are right....long over due. As far as the warning sign. I ran across it when I went to someone's sight and I guess it followed me home. I'm too computer ignorant to know what to do about it though. It finally went away on the other site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick, I tried something suggested by Blogger to try and fix the problem. Let me know if it did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. olkhdan, the apocalyptic warning is gone when opening your blog! Three cheers you are a geek!:)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive