Friday, June 07, 2013

MS is about playing Russian roulette every morning

“In our first 10 years of living with MS as a family, Patti would refer to waking up with MS as if waking up and playing Russian roulette every morning. She would lay there with her eyes closed taking an inventory of what worked and didn’t work today…”

Posted by Patrick Leer—June 5th, 2013

When I wrote this for the folks at pioneering MultipleSclerosis.net, I shared that from my experiences as a MS spouse caregiver and family we must be equally passionate. We need to wake each day to a ‘pragmatic check list’ of how can we make the day better for our spouse and our family.

Shortly after writing this my world collapsed into an earthquake as my cancer staging soared from Stage 1 to Stage 3 to Stage 4 with brain metastasis. ... whoompa whoompa headaches = metastasis

I know it sounds nuts but through these recent weeks of brain radiation treatment to arrest and/or reverse brain metastasis making sure outings with Patti are part of each week have been stabilizing for me and frankly fun because in Patti’s smiling MS dementia I have no lung cancer. 
--Patrick Leer
Health Activist:
Caregivingly Yours, MS Caregiver @ http://caregivinglyyours.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive