Wednesday, March 20, 2013

should I stay or should I go? MS spouse caregiver

“As long as I've known you, I've never heard the whole story before. Makes me love you even more, my dear friend.”  I could only smile reading this Facebook comment to my latest blog for MultipleSclerosis.net

Posted by Patrick Leer—March 16th, 2013

The commenter is one and the same as the famous other MS caregiver spouse who dropped out of cyberspace almost 20 years ago in response to my first post to a Prodigy Network MS Bulletin Board. … Those pre-dawn of the user- friendly Internet could get beyond challenging. Yet out of that primal Internet we discovered we were not alone.

Along the way somewhere somehow I decided 350 words was the average speed a caregiver reads in a minute. Caregivers searching for information IMHO simply do not have the time to weigh through ‘War and Peace’ to get to what they are looking for.

Caping my entry word counts at 350, I was pioneering the twitter concept of short messages before anyone even dreamed of a tweet.

Submitting blogs for MultipleSclerosis.net goes in a different direction, encouraging me to write a higher word count. This in turn allows creativity and fuller stories.

While probably I have told bits and pieces of our history when germane to an entry but I guess I may never have told the whole story here in CY. Thank you MultipleSclerosis.net for the opportunity to share "the rest of the story."

Patrick Leer
Health Activist:
Caregivingly Yours, MS Caregiver @ http://caregivinglyyours.blogspot.com/


2 comments:

  1. Once I figured out the link, I started reading your stories and what a treasure trove it is. The link though landed on the main page and I had to do a search of your name to find your stories. I look forward to reading them. Thanks. And it is nice to know your story.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive