Saturday, February 11, 2006

Caregiving: Special Olympics

     Friday I was pleasantly surprised and recognized with this watch by the Prince George’s County Special Olympics. As a deejay entertainer I’ve had the pleasure to be associated with this organization for countless years.      

     Whether it is a Christmas party for elementary age students, a Valentine luncheon dance for high school age athletes or the Games themselves to entertain these young people is to be ‘blessed three fold’.

     Maybe because I also have the eyes of a Multiple Sclerosis caregiver spouse and a parent I believe I see that behind every one of these young people is a family surviving overwhelming daily obstacles.

     Entertainment is simply a diversion for anyone.  Except when these unique celebrations occur, then to me it kind of becomes a quest.

1 comment:

  1. awesome recognition from such a great organization; I am sure it was well deserved

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive