Sunday, October 17, 2004

leaning out my window

Glancing back at last couple posts it does seem I’m guilty of obsessive behavior <grin> when it comes to health insurance.

 

Just as MS is unique in each person, so are each person’s options to fight determined by money. For example, newly available medications designed to hopefully extend quality of life in early stages can cost $1,000/month.

 

Can you imagine the cruelty of the scenario where one begins the above medication on a prescription plan only to find through a change in insurance plan at work, or company downsizing, or divorce that they are no longer covered?

 

Living with MS is challenging enough without the 'options of living with MS' being so fundamentally intertwined with health insurance or independent wealth.  -- Yet I suspect it is really the same for everyone facing their own problems. Living with MS has no exclusive rights on the frustration market.

 

If only life could be like the movie "Network", where we ALL lean out our windows at the same time one night and scream at the top of our lungs, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!'

1 comment:

  1. If I didn't have health insurance I would NOT be able to take my Rebif.  No way at all.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive