Thursday, August 03, 2006

Journal: word count

     OK, some people asked about my mention of a personal ‘word count’ goal. Recently looking for something in a past journal entry I noticed that some of my entries seemed too wordy. With hindsight, I could have written them more concisely.  

      Perhaps I was getting lazy or sloppy when it came to this journal? 

     A ‘side effect’ of two decades of caregiving is that anything I do one day I have to do better the next day.    

     So I said to myself, “Self, I think the problem here is lack of a goal.” I picked an arbitrary word count ceiling and have been trying to carve the wordsmithing to fit. 

2 comments:

  1. thank you for explaining it :)

    personally, I don't mind the length of your entries; they are always interesting to read and I don't think any I have read from you is overly long.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. part of the fun of journals is to get to be overly wordy and to blather on and on!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive