Monday, December 14, 2009

wheelchair dance

While visions of sugar-plums dance in everyone’s head this time of year, some special ones work to bring dance, dreams and caring to life.

"One dances in the wheelchair and the other dances near the wheelchair, and spectators marvel at their friendship as well as their moves...."


12 Days of Caring: Girls find the right way to move in wheelchair dance class

"... Katrina Thomas and Kirsten Stewart are 12-year-old best friends from York County who are starting a new dance season in a wheelchair dance class run by Nancy Ehrlich. The class is part of the non-profit PECAN, or Progressive Education of Children in the Arts Network...."

" ... Ehrlich is a lifelong dancer who suffered a spinal injury in 2002. Using her own wheelchair, she started the dance program that is entering its sixth season. ..."

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick Leer
web site: http://caregivinglyyours.com/
videos: http://www.youtube.com/daddyleer

4 comments:

  1. My husband and I used to dance for hours so giving that up due to my MS was really tough. However, one of my most memorable and poignant moments occurred when he took me out to dance with me in a wheelchair. Though I wept softly as we danced, it has remained one of my most vivid memories of his expression of love for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post and the memories it evoked have inspired a haiku poem which I will publish on my blog next Wednesday. I hope you don't mind that I've titled it Wheelchair Dance.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. truly a worthy endeavor!! the friendships are probably the best part of it too

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your article is very good.I like it very much.
    Once upon a time, there was a mouse father.He wanted to marry his daughter to the greatest person in the world.But, who was the greatest person in the world?Oh!
    cheap puma shoes cheap nike shoes cheap jordan shoes

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive