Sunday, December 05, 2010

repairing Multiple Sclerosis damage

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse”

Fortunately, that is not true of some rodents at Cambridge and Edinburgh Universities, where researchers identified how to help stem cells in the brain regenerate myelin sheath. Multiple Sclerosis could be reversed by activating stem cells in brain …

From MS Society UK:

from BBC:

True this is still in the ‘rodents and research’ stage but hope for the holidays is always welcome!

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick Leer 

3 comments:

  1. I have always tried to keep myself in the best shape possible for the day The Cure was found. These findings reinforce my hope that that day is coming. In the meantime, I'll continue to do the many things I've been doing which, even after 37 years with this illness, still have me moderately ambulatory and compos.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think one can ever give up hope. You just never know what could be around the corner with research, etc.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. 20 years ago the NY Times declared on its front page--"CURE FOR MS" and the mice was the (were) the hero. (heroes) I am 53 now, tick tock tick tock, I wonder if mice hope?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive