Friday, February 01, 2008

Caregiving: "mentally disabled women strapped with explosives"

Baghdad, Iraq (CNN)  “… Two mentally disabled women were strapped with explosives Friday and sent into busy Baghdad markets, where they were blown up by remote …The bombs killed at least 98 people and wounded more than 200 at two popular pet markets on the holiest day of the week for Muslims… “

 

The slaughter of innocents is monstrous. Using mentally disabled people as weapons is inhuman?

 

Caregivingly Yours,

J Patrick Leer

 

musings from the lair of Cachalot

6 comments:

  1. its despicable!! I had heard of the bombings, but not this follow up report of it. sickening, just sickening. (I have more thoughts about it, but I don't want to give a sermon so I'll keep them to myself)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))I dont even know what to think of it,its so sad.I hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3.  The horror and cowardliness of that act was unbelievable.  Not even human.


               Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. how awful:( enjoy your weekend

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I think you know how I feel about that one.... Although, early in civilization, it was not uncommon to use people with physcial and mental disabilities to die wherever or for whatever reason. Some things never change do they?

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most unfortunately, such acts are only TOO human.  As a species we're not been very successful and I doubt we'll survive into the next epoch.  Still, it's when empathy such as yours comes to the fore, hope is rekindled.  Thanks Pat.  CATHY

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive