Monday, March 11, 2013

MultipleSclerosis.net "Who I Am and How I Got Here"

“Welcome to MultipleSclerosis.net, the newest resource for patients and caregivers living with multiple sclerosis.”

Recently I was invited to blog from a MS caregiver’s perspective by some interesting people with Health Union LLC for a new Multiple Sclerosis website, MultipleSclerosis.net and it's associated Facebook page. 

“At MultipleSclerosis.net we empower patients and caregivers to take control of Multiple Sclerosis by providing a platform to learn, educate, and connect with peers and healthcare professionals.”

Frankly I’m kind of honored that our story is the featured blog to kick off NMSS Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Week as I have long argued that people with advanced or severe MS such as Patti are swept under the rug.
Read Who I Am And How I Got Here… from MS.Net

Curiously while Caregivingly Yours, MS Caregiver has nearly 10,000 pageviews per month according to Google Analytics the National Multiple Sclerosis Society (NMSS) has never included 'our story' in their publications or on-line presence. 

Believe me I understand that severe MS is scary especially to the newly diagnosed but to exclude it from the dialogue of MS is even scarier. 

Patrick Leer
Health Activist:
Caregivingly Yours, MS Caregiver @ http://caregivinglyyours.blogspot.com/


2 comments:

  1. Tell it like it is, Patrick. Advanced MS may be scary, but pretending it doesn't exist doesn't make it go away. Although I wish it did…

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great advocate for Patti and others who are not able to speak for themselves!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive