Sunday, June 06, 2004

Sunday visit

Megan and I visited with Patti today and took her out to Dairy Queen for a "Chocolate Utopia" before her dinner at the care facility. Sometimes you just have to eat dessert first in life. (Especially the way our schedule is this week.)
There are times that the mental confusion of MS progression can create a humorous situation unique to itself. After greeting Patti today, she turned to Megan and me and in absolute seriousness and concern remarked, "I hear Ronald Reagan's name all over the TV today. Did he die AGAIN?" My daughter and I looked at each other and burst out laughing uncontrollably.
"The Great Communicator" free of 10 years of Alzheimer's himself, would probably understand and enjoy that quip more than anyone would.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive