Wednesday, May 15, 2013
vegetarian chili, carnivores, and cannibals
With almost a quarter century of living as a family centered on caring we find things to celebrate. Today was my first day of radiation therapy for my Stage 4 lung cancer metastasis to the brain.
Safely residing in her care facility with Multiple Sclerosis dementia erasing Patti’s awareness of my health issues we decided to have a family dinner at home. Our daughter is a vegetarian but has been craving a chili dog, with my newly radiated brain I offered to create a vegetarian chili dog.
Megan retrieved Patti while I did the cooking. Using a South Beach Diet Vegetarian chili recipe I made the chili from scratch which also gave me an excuse to test that my fine motor skills, memory, and such were still functioning.
Using Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Grillers Recipe Crumbles for the ground beef alternative and Morning Star Farms Veggie Dogs for the hot dogs … abracadabra you have a chili dog with a whole lot less fat that could fool any carnivore.
The laughs are because we were watching a NBC TV Show “Hannibal” which raised the bigger question ‘OK so I can fool a carnivore but could I fool a cannibal?’
Caregivingly Yours, MS Caregiver @ http://caregivinglyyours.blogspot.com/
My Lung Cancer Odyssey @ http://lung-cancer-survivor.blogspot.com/
- hidden symptoms of MS
- World MS Day is ALSO about MS caregivers, families...
- veterans our trancendental caregivers
- 8 milestones of a caring life
- Paperwork of Living With Multiple Sclerosis-The Pr...
- Sunday family fun and finger food fest
- vegetarian chili, carnivores, and cannibals
- Wheels Of Freedom And Independence
- Mother's Day with Multiple Sclerosis 1994
- Time warp Monday with Multiple Sclerosis
- Uthoff’s Phenomena and summer fun with MS
- ▼ May (12)
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2011 (106)
- ► 2010 (114)
- ► 2009 (93)
- ► 2008 (127)
- ► 2007 (131)
- ► 2006 (153)
- ► 2005 (152)