Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Wheels Of Freedom And Independence
Fielding a question over on MultipleSclerosis.net, “How do you make the move to a mobility aid like a scooter or wheelchair? I still haven’t gotten used to the stares when I use my cane, you know, I look so good….”, I found myself reminiscing over that transition era when personal vehicles whether her Rascal Scooter or wheelchairs were about Patti’s independence and freedom in a dependent world.
Posted by Patrick Leer—May 7th, 2013
Living with MS or any chronic illness or disease “as a family” takes wanting to share and adaptability. Amplified by metastasis of my lung cancer and falling risk - it seemed all the more important to hug a memory.
Thanks again to MultipleSclerosis.net for inviting me to share longer versions of our story and sure wishing something like this existed in the late 1980’s.
Caregivingly Yours, MS Caregiver @ http://caregivinglyyours.blogspot.com/
My Lung Cancer Odyssey @ http://lung-cancer-survivor.blogspot.com/
- hidden symptoms of MS
- World MS Day is ALSO about MS caregivers, families...
- veterans our trancendental caregivers
- 8 milestones of a caring life
- Paperwork of Living With Multiple Sclerosis-The Pr...
- Sunday family fun and finger food fest
- vegetarian chili, carnivores, and cannibals
- Wheels Of Freedom And Independence
- Mother's Day with Multiple Sclerosis 1994
- Time warp Monday with Multiple Sclerosis
- Uthoff’s Phenomena and summer fun with MS
- ▼ May (12)
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2011 (106)
- ► 2010 (114)
- ► 2009 (93)
- ► 2008 (127)
- ► 2007 (131)
- ► 2006 (153)
- ► 2005 (152)