Saturday, January 22, 2005
‘one horse sleigh’ of the neighborhood!
NOTHING can rival the embrace of a snow storm. With swirling snow falling around you whipped by wind chills of zero degrees Mother Nature hugs you as only a parent can hug a child. It is magical!
In such good spirits we headed out to visit Patti this morning. Unbelievably as picture of parking lot shows we were alone and Patti had the ONLY visitors of the day. She was in good spirits and enjoying watching the falling snow out her window. In her youth a skier, now Patti is happy watching snow.
It wasn’t that many years ago that in her scooter days she used to pull neighborhood kids around in their sleds behind her Rascal all terrain scooter until the snow became too deep. She was the ‘one horse sleigh’ of the neighborhood! <grin> MS was not going to stop her in those days.
People spend thousands to travel and play in snow for a vacation but when a forecasted foot of snow falls in their neighborhood it becomes an ‘excuse’. Go figure!
- ► 2013 (65)
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2011 (106)
- ► 2010 (114)
- ► 2009 (93)
- ► 2008 (127)
- ► 2007 (131)
- ► 2006 (153)
- a simple drive in a storm
- get all the pieces get on the board at the same ti...
- doing ‘something’ is important to try
- Would You Believe: Toad Outsmarts Medicare Reps?
- doesn’t ‘gallows humor’ make the dark less scary?
- bureaucracy is fueled by paper
- caregiver can expedite most medical communication
- ‘one horse sleigh’ of the neighborhood!
- on the same page
- "catlitter" cake
- please start to think about it
- a no problem day
- get involved early
- Accessibility and convenience are concepts ...
- Pennsylvania Farm Show.
- Is it balanced or outweighed by intangibles? --- I...
- involvement with others.
- memory should not be underestimated
- An interesting story
- a new level of boring
- Parenting side of the coin
- New Year's Day 2005
- New Year's Eve
- New Year's WRENCH DROP
- ▼ January (26)