Wednesday, September 15, 2004

SHOE SHOPPING

How Patti wears out shoes when she does not walk has baffled me for years?  However, it was time for a shoe quest!

 

I have never known anyone, male or female, who can get in and out of a shoe store faster than our daughter can. NO ONE can make up his or her mind faster and then begin making up everyone else’s.

 

Megan breezed Patti through the process and still had time to manipulate us into a pair of boots for her.

 

The evening began as one of those nights I like to bring Patti home for a visit and feed her nice unhealthy but FUN food that she tells me they do not serve at the care facility. For example tonight was Pizza Hut carry out pizza and soda.     Yet after returning her to her room at the nurses’ station they told me pizza was on the menu for tomorrow night. They serve pizza a couple times a month.

 

Between pizza and boots, it was my nightto be manipulated! Could I interest anyone in a conspiracy theory?

 

On the 'dark side' of yin-yang, Patti's physical strength and stamina was in one of those flare lows today and staff needed to use the sling to transfer her in and out of chair and bed. And yes her visit home was somewhat marred by a bowel accident, however fortunately it WAS at home and I have the physical strength to handle her and we have the custom built bathroom to deal with such problems.

 

"Living with MS" at Patti's level of progression is just always going to be a function of balance between positives and negatives. To be involved you just have to accept that.

3 comments:

  1. I too noticed Patti's pathetic shoes and I bought her a pair of slip-on loafers, I guess it will not matter if she has two new pair of shoes, women love having more than one pair of shoes, right Megan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I noticed that Patti is eating only 50% of her dinner I suddenly realized when we are playing "trivial pursuit" I usually hand her cookies or candy to nibble on while we are playing our game. I promise to stop that practice, that just might be why she is not eating her dinner. Our game is usually being played from 4 - 5PM and her dinner is served at 5:15 PM (DUH ON ME)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. iT IS UNCANNY HOW MUCH MEGAN LOOKS LIKE PATTI, WHEN PATTI WAS MEGAN'S AGE.  SHE IS A BEAUTIFUL YOUNG LADY AND SO IS HER MOTHER, WHO LOOKS JUST LIKE HER MOTHER, GLORIA, A LOVELY LADY.  THE CIRCLE OF LIFE!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATTI - XOXOXOXOXOXOXO   JEANNETTE MUZA

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive